Fellow Ag Teachers,
I want to express my appreciation to each of you for the work you do with your students each Year. As we close another school year I have been amazed at the data we have collected all year long that reflects positive student development. I also want to acknowledge the work of the State AgEd staff in the events and activities throughout the year. We often take for granted the fact that we as agriculture teachers in Georgia have the best support structure of any state in the Country. The Georgia AgEd staff is the finest group of professionals I have ever been able to association with. I pray that we never forget how fortunate we are to have the structure and set-up for our Ag Teachers and Students in Georgia. I also hope the legislature will continue to support Agricultural Education as much as it is currently doing.

I would like to share with each of you that I have made the decision to return to teaching Agricultural Education. I will be the new FFA advisor at Lumpkin County High School for next school year. I am excited to continue working in AgEd and most importantly returning to the best possible position in our program - a local agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. I hope to complete my career in the very place it started.  My last day as your state advisor will be June 30th, 2018. It has been a tremendous honor to serve in this role and witness the growth and success of Georgia AgEd.

Thanks Again to each of you for making Georgia Agricultural Education a tremendous success.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East