We have received word in our region office that the price of cans will go
up 6 cents as of August 1st.  The reason for this notification is that you
will be aware of this so that you can make preparations for the future.
Dennis Kendrick (in Turner County) has a current load of cans (9 pallets) that
he is wanting to sell and move.  He is getting another load - 42 pallets on
Wednesday. He would like to purchase another load before August 1st, but he
has to make room for that load. He is asking all canning plants if they
would consider making room in their own food processing facilities and help
purchase this current load and the one coming in Wednesday so that he can
buy another load before the price hike takes effect.

If you can arrange in your budget to purchase the pallets you need for
future use, I would highly encourage you to do so.  Dennis told me that the
supplier charges are based on a weekly rate-meaning that the cost could go
up even more than 6 cents after the week of August 1st !!!

Feel free to call Dennis Kendrick at 229-567-7271 for further information
or purcahseing

Thanks
--

Jerry Stone