We have received word in our region office that the price of cans will go up 6 cents as of August 1st.  The reason for this notification is that you will be aware of this so that you can make preparations for the future.  Dennis Kendrick (in Turner County) has a current load of cans (9 pallets) that he is wanting to sell and move.  He is getting another load - 42 pallets on Wednesday. He would like to purchase another load before August 1st, but he has to make room for that load. He is asking all canning plants if they would consider making room in their own food processing facilities and help purchase this current load and the one coming in Wednesday so that he can buy another load before the price hike takes effect.

If you can arrange in your budget to purchase the pallets you need for future use, I would highly encourage you to do so.  Dennis told me that the supplier charges are based on a weekly rate-meaning that the cost could go up even more than 6 cents after the week of August 1st !!!

Feel free to call Dennis Kendrick at 229-567-7271 for further information or purcahseing

Thanks
--

Jerry Stone

Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher