I am very upset by this sad news. Year ago I met Him in Prague at
the Int. Congress of Protistology. It was so short time ago. Then He was
interested in some commensalic ciliates (Chontricha) and next I tried,
with not success, to find them on the Baltic shore. I remember Him as a
person who was serving in many ways to the whole community of
ciliatologists. In His book "The Ciliated Protozoa" He was very careful
to save a lot of contributions on whole spectrum of ciliates. For many
years He was excelent editor of the J. Euk Microbiology. In Prague in
the hotel Pyramida He offered cover of the Congress expenses to young
scientists attending the Congress, funded by the Society of
Protistologists, During the Congress every morning He was sitting at the
Hotel lobby, at a special desk, receiving applications of young people.
Then He was working as a volunteer- clerk. So I wiill remember professor
Denis Lynn not only as a scientist , but also as a man of Service, and
as very friendly person. We missed Him very much.

Andrzej Kaczanowski