Dear Ciliate Community,

I’m looking for a commercially available antibody that works well as a loading control on Western blots of Tetrahymena lysates.  I’ve been using Joe Frankel’s excellent anti- alpha-tubulin, but the antigen is so abundant relative to the proteins I’m working with that I can’t use it as a normalization control.  I’m looking for an antibody that recognizes a protein that is ideally between 35 and 60 kD, though would welcome any suggestions outside of this range.

Many thanks in advance for any leads!  I look forward to seeing many of you next month!

Suzanne
--
Suzanne R. Lee, Ph.D
Assistant Professor