I wish to join the ciliatologist community in this very sad moment of Denis
Lynn loss. I had the pleasure to spend smiling days together with Denis and
Portia here in Italy, visiting the surroundings of Camerino, Versilia and
Le 5 Terre. I enjoyed and deeply appreciated His talking of science, His
philosophy of life, His extremely friendly behavior. Certainly, as Ed
writes, "If there is any consolation, he was still in the act of doing what
he had loved to do all his life". Nonetheless, it is really hard to accept
that a cause to which a Life was enthusiastically dedicated is the cause of
the Life loss.

Piero Luporini