Good Morning,

I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer and is getting excited for a new school year! The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is excited to premiere the second season of our Live from the Lab Facebook Live series.  We would appreciate it if you would spread the word to the all the science teachers in your school and anyone else who might be interested.

Beginning August 17, every other Friday through fall semester at 10 a.m., we will talk to a real-life scientist at CAES on Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/UGACAES/. We'll break down their research into digestible tidbits and take questions from our audience members.

When we first launched the program, we were amazed at how much fun our scientists had talking about their work and how much they loved answering questions. Both middle and high school students and scientific peers across the country are bound to learn a lot from this fall's line up.  We would like to invite any science teachers, agriculture teachers or 4-H and FFA advisors to watch our broadcasts with your class. Each episode lasts about 30 minutes, including the question and answer sessions.

Full details are available here:

http://www.caes.uga.edu/news/story.html?storyid=7641&story=Live-from-the-Lab

This fall the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is opening the labs of some its most distinguished researchers to students and science fans across the state.

If you have any questions or suggestions for future topics, don't hesitate to email me Merritt Melancon [log in to unmask] or call 706-410-0202. Can't wait to see you guys on Facebook!

Best,

Breanna

Breanna Coursey
Director of Student and Employer Engagement

706-542-1611 | [log in to unmask] | students.caes.uga.edu

email signiature

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Snapchat

#AgDawg

“There is no tradition more worthy of envy. No institution worthy of such loyalty as the University of Georgia!” –Larry Munson