Animal Science Notes from North Region Summer Conference Meeting July 11

1.       The Georgia FFA Livestock Judging Clinic will be held September 14-15. It will be conducted from Camp John Hope. Registration will be $55.00 per student. Tommy will have the registration information out on August 1. We cap the camp at 150 participants so mark that date on your calendar to look for registration information.

2.       August 1 is the deadline for Lamb and Goat State Show at the GNF.

3.       September 1 is the deadline for all other GNF livestock shows.

Sara Loughridge sent out a Email with registration and ear tag order form. If you need assistance contact Sara or me.

4.       Livestock Senior CDE – AREA TEST will be on all the EVEN chapters this year.  State contest will be the same, ALL Listed chapters in the CDE materials.

5.       Livestock Junior CDE – There will be a junior test. Information will cover breeds and body parts. Reference is the Modern  Livestock and Poultry Production text book 8th edition.

6.       Look for information on the Gwinnett and Peach State livestock judging contests as we get closer to the dates.

7.       Horse CDE – The Horse contest is STRAIGHT TO STATE.

 March 9th is the North Region practice contest.  More Information will be sent out.

April 6th is the State contest, Georgia National Fairgrounds

FYI – I will coordinate with the UGA Equestrian Team once again to schedule another clinic. TBA.

8.       Vet Science will be a official state CDE. It will be held at Fort Valley University February 8th & 9th.

9.       Please review all CDE guidelines and changes to the guidelines before you prepare your teams.

10.   Please contact the North Region Office if you need help preparing your students for National FFA competitions or any other matters. We are here to HELP!

Have a GREAT year!

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463  Office
530-574-3687  Cell