Now is the time to begin preparing for submission of proficiency applications for this year.
Waiting until December/January puts unwanted pressure on yourself, parents, and students. Go ahead and sort through student SAEs and make a list of those that have the potential of completing a good application.
- assign Performance Review Pages in small bites - go ahead and work on the written parts
- categories (more than likely) will remain the same - even though you can't open a new app, you can begin working in the old one and transfer information over
- Set specific dates each month to gather as many potential applicants as possible - they can work together - strength in numbers
- It is much easier to sort through and identify top pathway skills now
- accumulate inventory data and update from last year
- balance financial pages now and then all you have to do is update each time
- State staff are currently receiving "0" proficiency questions - NOW is the time to ask :)
- take pictures
- communicate with parents to take pictures
- communicate with students to take pictures
- Did I remember to say take pictures?
Let's take some of the pressure off January!
Let us know if we can help in any way.
Area Mechanics Teacher
Central Region Agricultural Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
478 825 6068 office
478 230 8344 cell
478 825 6980 fax