Greetings,  I know each of you are very busy with the start of school and best wishes for a great year.  Following is the information and the link to sign up for times for your students to participate Georgia Grown Baby Barn as Barn Ambassadors.  We look forward to having your students as part of the first year of the “The Georgia Grown Baby Barn”.

Georgia Grown Baby Barn Student Ambassador Program Sign-Up

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1c15216d903f8ece34875b4b3/images/f8d51278-75fc-463d-80d3-b16ecad6b375.png

August 1, 2018

   This year at the Georgia National Fair (October 4th – 14th) The Georgia Department of Agriculture will open the “Georgia Grown Baby Barn”.  In the Baby Barn we will feature the opportunity for visitors to the fair to see a calf born each day, see cows in waiting for delivery, newborn calves, and newborn pigs.  This is a way to educate and inform people about modern agriculture and care for farm animals.  Also in the Baby Barn will be the Faces of Agriculture exhibit, Georgie’s Farm children’s area, and many Georgia Grown members exhibiting their products.

   To help better communicate the message to the visitors we are recruiting students to help as Baby Barn Ambassadors.  This will be a great opportunity for students to be involved in the inaugural season and further develop their communication skills as well as allow them many other opportunities. Ambassador duties will range from explaining what is going on with the ani
mals, sharing facts and information on agriculture, helping to feed and even cleaning pens of the animals.  We will have staff from the Georgia Department of Agriculture as well as veterinarians from UGA and Fort Valley State on hand to help too.

   We have set up the sign-up program on “Sign Up Genius” for you to sign up your students.  We have set up two shifts per day for and three slots per shift.  In each slot there is space for three students. Click the button below to view the available slots and sign up!  The sign-up period is August 10th through September 1st. The deadline to submit a student as an ambassador is the same as the livestock entry deadline.

   Don't know how to use Sign-Up Genius? We walk you through it here.

   Expectations for students serving as Baby Barn ambassadors and their advisors are below.

Ambassadors

  • Be on time
  • Be courteous to visitors
  • Review materials from GDA
  • Be ready to answer questions
  • Be ready to refer visitors to a GDA staff member
  • Stay in the Baby Barn until excused

Advisors

  • Ensure three students are in place for each slot for which you sign up
  • Provide student supervision
  • Provide student travel if necessary
  • Communicate with GDA staff to provide necessary information

At the end of the sign-up period, we will send an email to you confirming the students and times. We will also send out training information that you will be expected to make sure that the student views. If you submit a student, please also be on the lookout for a later e-mail requesting T-shirt sizes and details for passes to enter the fair if needed.

If you have questions, please contact me at 404-710-1196 or

We look forward to having your students and you at the Georgia Grown Baby Barn!

Andy Harrison
Georgia Department of Agriculture
Manager, Commodity Commissions

https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png

https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png

https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png

Copyright © 2018 *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|*

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.