From: Hazlett, Mandy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:50 AM
To: _All State Staff <[log in to unmask]>; _All State Foundation Staff <[log in to unmask]>; _All State Alumni <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: _Team LPS <[log in to unmask]>; Rusk, Joshua <[log in to unmask]>; Buchanan, Jada <[log in to unmask]>; Ellis, Allie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 70 Days Away - 91st National FFA Convention & Expo

Hello,

The 91st National FFA Convention & Expo is just around the corner. Later today the New Horizons e-blast will be sent out with information to help prepare for registration to open next month. Updates to convention.ffa.org<https://convention.ffa.org/> will include speaker lineup, student and teacher workshop schedule, entertainment news, registration dates and pricing, travel tips, safety tips and more. A couple of things to keep in mind as you and your chapters prepare for registration and October.

Important Dates:
Wed. Sept. 12 at 6 p.m. EDT - Early Bird Registration Opens
Mon. Sept. 17 - Major Concert Announcement!
Wed. Sept. 19 at 5 p.m. EDT - ALL Housing Closes
Wed. Sept. 19 at 6 p.m. EDT - Concert Tickets Go on Sale through Ticketmaster (see below)
Wed. Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. EDT - Standard Registration Pricing Begins

Concert Announcement and Tickets:  On Monday, Sept. 17 we will make a major concert announcement! A few months ago we communicated that we would be moving the purchasing of concert tickets to Ticketmaster. Utilizing Ticketmaster will ensure a more efficient process of ticket purchasing and receiving with some added benefits. Attendees will be able to select their section and seats in real-time as well as select from multiple ways to receive their tickets. We have added a Concert Q&A to the Entertainment page on convention.ffa.org<https://convention.ffa.org/>. Two important factors to point out. Ticketmaster only accepts payment through accepted credit/debit cards and PayPal. They do not accept Purchase Orders. Earlier this year in a survey sent out to our stakeholders we inquired if this inability to use a Purchase Order would prohibit attendees from purchasing a concert ticket. While the majority came back and said no it would not prevent them from purchasing, we have added an option through ShopFFA to assist with those still needing to use a Purchase Order. Starting on Tuesday, August 21 a Convention Concert Debit Card will be available to purchase through ShopFFA with a Purchase Order. This card can then be used to purchase concert ticket(s) for our concert on Ticketmaster. Click here<https://convention.ffa.org/planning/entertainment/> to learn more information about the process.

Entry Change to the Concert and Rodeo: To continue to ensure a safe and fun environment for our entertainment events all attendees of the concert and the rodeo must be a registered attendee of the national FFA convention & expo. To gain entry into these events, you must have your convention name badge along with your event ticket. This information will be shared with registered attendees in multiple ways as we work through the next couple months.

SPAM Emails:  Over the last couple of weeks there appears to have been a couple of spam emails that are asking if you are interested in the FFA Expo Attendee List - 2018 and then asking for you to fill out contact information. The emails are SPAM. National FFA does NOT sell our attendee list. These are not legitimate emails.

We have a lot of exciting opportunities at convention this year that will be sure to leave a lifelong impression on all who attend.

Visit convention.ffa.org<https://convention.ffa.org/> for all the latest convention planning information.

Questions? Feel free to contact me directly or anyone on the convention team. We look forward to seeing you in October!

Convention Team
Dale Crabtree, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - General Convention
Mandy Hazlett, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - General Convention
Melissa Higdon, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - Tours & Entertainment
Devon Eadie, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - Band, Chorus, Talent and Courtesy Corp
Ellen Williams, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - Housing and Registration
Tiffany Hale, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - Expo & Shopping Mall Logistics
Jim Armbruster, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> - Parking & Transportation

Thank you,
Mandy

MANDY HAZLETT, CMP
Senior Event Manager
Convention & Events Management Team

P    317-802-4312    |    C    317-361-2329    |    F    317-802-5312    |    E    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

National FFA Organization
6060 FFA Drive, P.O. Box 68960, Indianapolis, IN 46268-0960
FFA.org

  PREMIER LEADERSHIP - PERSONAL GROWTH - CAREER SUCCESS