Ag Teachers,

The new school year has begun, and I’m excited to announce that the 2018-2019 AgEd Enrollment and FFA rosters are open for business.

As you make plans to complete your AgEd Enrollment and FFA roster, please use the attached Step-by-Step instructions. These instructions have a lot of good information in easy to follow steps. I encourage you to print the document and have it available throughout the year as you make enrollment and membership submissions.

Affiliation -vs- FFA Dues
This year you have two options for FFA membership. One option is person-by-person dues; the other is program Affiliation. If you choose person-by-person dues, the per-person rate is $11 ($4 for state dues and $7 for national dues). In that scenario, you submit to the State FFA Office $11 per person that you add to your chapter FFA roster. If you choose to Affiliate, you are committing to make every student in your entire AgEd program (all classes, all teacher, all year) paid FFA members for one fee. The Affiliation fee schedule is based on student enrollment and the fee schedule is attached to this email. If you plan to Affiliate, you must declare Affiliation BEFORE submitting students for FFA membership. (Read attached instructions!)

Please keep in mind that the discussion you heard at GVATA Summer Conference about a flat fee Middle School Affiliation will become reality NEXT YEAR in 2019-2020. For this year, we are operating just as we have for the past several years.

Please call on our office if we can help you in any way. Have a safe, happy and blessed school year! I appreciate all of you and the work that you do.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA