Teachers,

If you have students competing at the National FFA Convention this fall, please read this information!

WHO: Students (advisors) competing at the 91st National FFA Convention
(Proficiency Award finalists, American Star finalist, Agriscience Fair, NCA finalists, CDEs with speaking/presenting performances)
WHAT: A dress rehearsal practice session
WHEN: Saturday, August 18 (start at 9:00 a.m.)

WHERE: Camp John Hope (Fort Valley, GA)
WHY: To help students (and advisors) in their preparation to compete on the national level
HOW: Dress rehearsal practice performances in “real time”

DETAILS
Each student/team will have the opportunity perform their event (CDE, interview, etc…) before a set of judges. Each contestant should come prepared to perform their event in “real time” in official FFA dress. Following their performance, there will be opportunity for feedback from judges.

Each event will happen according to the appropriate national guidelines.
-Proficiency Award interviews: 15 minute interview; 2 minute opening statement from finalist
-American Star interview: 15 minute interview; 2 minute opening statement from finalist
-Creed/Extemp/Prepared Speaking: deliver speech according to guidelines and answer 5 minutes of questions
-CDEs (Ag Sales, Marketing Plan, Employment Skills, Ag Communications, Forestry, Conduct of Meeting, Parliamentary Procedure, etc… will perform their event according to the national guidelines

Agenda
We will begin at 9:00 a.m. Once I have an RSVP list I will create a specific performance agenda. Each student/team will be guaranteed one opportunity to perform their event. A second opportunity will be available for students/teams willing to wait for other students to finish.

Lodging/Meals
Lodging and meals will be available at Camp John Hope. If you would like arrive on Friday evening (Aug. 17) and stay overnight at Camp John Hope, please email the camp at [log in to unmask]. Lodging on Friday night and breakfast on Friday are available on an RSVP basis. Please RSVP by Wednesday, August 15.

Lunch on Saturday will be provided for all contestants and advisors.

If you have any questions, please call me. I do ask that all who plan to attend please RSVP to me (email or phone) so that I know how many contestants to prepare for. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday at Camp John Hope.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA