Ag Teachers,

Hello and welcome to September! I hope that your week is going well. This email contains some specific information about the Affiliation option of FFA membership, so if that interests, you please review this information carefully.

As of this morning, there 61 chapters who have declared Affiliation for the 2018-19 school year. Originally, the deadline to declare was September 1. However, I know that with the start of school and the holiday weekend, things have been very busy for you. The deadline to declare Affiliation for the 2018-19 school year has been extended to Monday, September 10.

Attached to this email is an Excel spreadsheet that has two tabs. The first tab lists the chapters that are confirmed as Affiliated programs for the 2018-19 school year, as of September 5. The second tab lists the schools who were Affiliated last year (2017-18) that have NOT yet declared Affiliation for 2018-19. Even if you have Affiliated in the past, you must go online and declare Affiliation.

If you plan for your chapter to be an Affiliate program, then you need to go to your Georgia AgEd enrollment/roster site and complete the Affiliation declaration before Monday, September 10. You do not have to begin adding students to the roster immediately in order to Affiliate, you just have to complete the Affiliation declaration process and select the appropriate tier.

If you meant to declare Affiliation for 2018-19, but have already begun submitting students for FFA membership, then please call our office, and allow us to help you straighten out that issue.

Finally, the other document attached to this email is the step-by-step instructions for AgEd enrollment & FFA membership that were shared a couple of weeks ago.

If you have any membership or Affiliation questions, please call our office.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA