Area 1 Teachers,
There were 11 Junior and 12 Senior teams at yesterday's Land Judging CDE's held at the Calhoun Experiment Station River Farm. Thank you to all the teachers that dedicated their time as pit monitors and group leaders (Keith Pankey, Richie Farrow, Michael Gardner, Laura Williford, Paul Little, Wendy Matteson, Polly Baron, and Adam Joslin). A special thanks to Travis Turnquist (River Farm Manager/Operator) for his help in coordinating the pits and CDE location and also to Josh Allen for running scores.
The top two Jr. and top two Senior division teams will represent Area 1 at the State Land Judging CDE which will be held in the North Region on Saturday, November 3rd, 2018. Rosters have been verified and these results are official. A complete list of the results is attached
- 1st place team, Senior Land Judging – Gilmer County High School - Advisor – Paul Little
- 2nd place team, Senior Land Judging -High School - Advisor – Bowdon High School
- High scoring individual for the Sr. Division - Sara Ingle– Gilmer County High School.
-1st place team, Jr. Division - Gilmer County High School - Advisor – Paul Little
- 2nd place team, Jr. Division – LaFayette High School - Advisor – Michael Gardner
- High scoring individual, Jr. Division - Abby Bauer- Gilmer County High School
North Region Forestry Teacher
204 Four Towers
The University of Georgia
Athens, Ga 30602