Area 2 Teachers,

The Area 2 Land Judging CDE was held yesterday at Thompson Mill
Forest. A special thanks to Bill Lott, Thompson Mill Forest, Sidney
Bell, the Jackson County Road Department, and Josh Allen for all their
help in setting up and scoring the contest. I want to thank all the
teachers for their patience as we underwent the 1.5 hour
weather/lightning delay. Safety for your students was our #1 priority.
Thank you to all the pit monitors (Scott Wheatley, Cale Watkins, Jerry
Taylor, and Clay Brown) and group leaders (Chris Crump, Dustin Keener,
Shannon Lawrence, and Chip Bridges). A complete list of the results is
attached and rosters have been checked. I have also attached the
survey cards if you or your students would like to give feedback.

 Congratulations to:
- 1st place team, Senior Land Judging – Athens Christian School -
Advisor – Jerry
Taylor
- 2nd place team, Senior Land Judging -Madison County High School - Advisor
– Josh Daniel
- High scoring individual for the Sr. Division - Katy Griffin– Athens
Christian School.

 -1st place team, Jr. Division - Union County High School - Advisor – Chris
Crump
- 2nd place team, Jr. Division – Athens Christian School - Advisor – Jerry
Taylor
- High scoring individual, Jr. Division - Trey Taylor- Athens Christian
School

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher