Teachers of the South Region:

-Congratulations to all programs, teachers and students for a successful
2018 Land Judging Event.

-Our event would not have happened without assistance from key individuals
that made our contest worthy of your students. Thank You Brooks County High
School & Coffee County Middle School for the use of facilities and being a
gracious host.

-Please see attachment with names and addresses listed, and personally thank
these individuals so we may call on them again in the future. The
attachment is an excel sheet divided by area 5 & 6.

-Attached is a template that can be printed off on card stock, cut 1/2 and
used as a Thank You Card.

-Also attached is a Press Release to be used to advertise your program in
your community and to other local stakeholders.

The top two Junior and Senior Teams from Area 5 & 6 will advance to the
State Land Evaluation CDE and represent the South Region.

The State Land Evaluation will be held in the North Region on November 3.

*AREA 5* *Results:*

*Junior*

1st place Team- *Eighth Street **Middle School FFA**;* Advisor - Beth Golden

2nd place team- *W J Williams Middle School** FFA*; Advisor Chad Bass

High *Junior* individual- *John Donaldson* from Eighth Street Middle School

*Senior*

1st place Team- *Tift County FFA**;* Advisor - Lynne Cook

2nd place Team- *Irwin County High School** FFA**;* Advisor - Chris Paulk

High *Senior* individual- *Tucker Paulk* from Irwin County FFA

*AREA 6* *Results:*

*Junior*

1st place Team- *Berrien County High School FFA*; Advisor - Scott Johnson

2nd place team- *Brantley County High School FFA*; Advisor - Richard Gill

High Junior individual- *Kyle Wood* from Brantley County High School FFA

*Senior*

1st place Team- *Berrien County High School FFA*; Advisor - Scott Johnson

2nd place Team- *Ware County High School FFA;* Advisor - Alex Chism

High Senior individual- *Carson Johnson * from Berrien County High
School FFA

Complete results for Area 5 & 6 are attached.

 *State Finalist Programs*-  You will be receiving a personal  email from
me not on the list-serv concerning the "next step".

Represent us well; we are counting on you,

--
Shawn S. Collins
Interim South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198
Fax:    229-386-3457
Truck:  229-891-4330