Teachers,

1. Tractor: being used will be a Workmaster 33/37 w/o loader- hydro-static and not geared. I know that this is different than what we had asked as well as planned for, but due to Hurricane Michael, our dealership has had to send a good majority of their tractors to dealerships in the panhandle to aid and assist with recovery efforts.  So, we are very fortunate that we have these tractors!!! (This will be for Area 5 and Area 6)

We will have 2 tractors, one for the driving portion and one for getting acquainted with.  This will allow your student to get familiar with the controls and operational features etc. But, I need you to please be aware that these tractors are borrowed and do not belong to us, the South Region. If you could be with your student as they are getting familiar with this tractor, I would greatly appreciate it! We don't want any damage to your student or tractor!!!

2. Weather: We are monitoring the potential risk for storms and rain on Friday. The National Weather Service will be having a briefing at 2:30 today and they will publish the potential impact for our area on their website. If you google NWS-Tallahassee (their area covers North to Cordele and west to Valdosta) you can view their remarks this afternoon. We will attempt to conduct this CDE as planned and we will be in contact with the Albany Fair as to what they are doing as well.  All information will be sent via email and/or telephone call to area 5 teachers who have signed up for this event. SO IF YOU ARE IN AREA 5, PLEASE BE MONITORING YOUR EMAIL FOR POSSIBLE DELAY IN START TIMES ON FRIDAY AND/OR POSSIBLE RESCHEDULING if all attempts to conduct this CDE due to weather on Friday have been exhausted!

3. Results: As you can infer from the above statement, will be posted by Monday Morning, November 8th regardless of 8:00 AM start time or afternoon start time!

4. Waiver: PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO HAVE YOUR STUDENT FILL THIS OUT AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FORGET TO BRING WITH YOU OR ELSE YOUR STUDENT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE!!!

5. Locations: We will be in the same locations as last year at each respected fairgrounds.

6. Final Remarks: if you have any students who are not going to be able to make it, please let me know by phone call or text. I will not be in the office the rest of the week as I prepare for each respective CDE and email will be checked- tonight, Thursday morning, and Thursday night.

Below are the fairgrounds address's as well as each participant by Area!

Good Luck

AREA V – Nov. 2nd at Albany Fair

Check-in begins at 8:30am

CDE will begin at 9:00am

             All must be registered by 10:00am

             2005 West Oakridge Drive, Albany, GA 31707

AREA VI – Nov. 7th at Waycross Fair

           •Check-in from 2:00 pm-4:30 pm

           •CDE will begin at 2:00.

           •All must be registered by 4:30.

          2401 Knight Ave, Waycross, GA 31503
Area 5
NAMECHAPTERNAME
Henson, NickBaconton Charter
Evans, RileyBen Hill High (Fitzgerald)
Livingston, ThomasCA Gray Jr. High
Livingston, JohnColquitt County
Kelley, AlexanderCrisp County High
Roberts, NathanIrwin County High
Liticker, HunterLee County High
Thomas, JamesMitchell County High
Weeks, JimmyPataula Charter
Moore, JoshuaPelham High
Melton, BrandonTerrell County
Poole, MatthewThomas County Central
Sledge, JohnTift County
Shiver, JacobTurner County
Gwines, LukeWorth County High

Odom, Dawson -Early County
Cunningham Colby - Seminole County

Area 6
NAMECHAPTERNAME
Youmans, GarrettAppling County High
Steverson, SydneyAtkinson County
Johnson, JacobBacon County High
Curry , CollinBerrien County High
Johns, RileyBrantley County High
Preston, TylerCamden County
Beasley, JaredCitizens Christian Academy
walker, griffinCoffee County Freshman (GWC)
McKinnon, DaltonCoffee County High
Howell, WadeCook County High
Davis, HaydenEchols County
Miller, LemJeff Davis High