We have finalized all the EMC Training's for this year and we are now
moving into the last leg of preparations for Area 5 and Area 6 EMC CDE.
Tuesday, October 30th & Thursday, November 8th, will be our EMC Practice
events. These two events will allow you and your students the opportunity
to take the skills they have learned from the classroom and the previous 2
EMC training's and apply them in a competitive setting. If your student is
not ready to compete alone or with out help, that is okay and will be
allowed this opportunity to prepare for the Area CDE on November 15th. (See
Information below location and start times for the agenda/ order of
business)

•Okefenokee Practice
•October 30th in Nahunta @ Brantley Co. High School, 10804 US-82, Nahunta,
GA 31553
•Start Time: 2:30 PM
•Meal: Around 6 PM Results Announcement

•Mitchell EMC Practice
•November 8th in Camilla at EMC Headquarters, 475 Cairo Rd, Camilla, GA
31730
•Start Time: 1:00 PM
•Meal:  Around 6 PM Results Announcement

These opportunities will allow your student to compete like a simulated
CDE, where you will have *one *of* two options:* (see below)

Option 1. Your student will be able to compete individually with no help
from you or me and they will be eligible for the prize money. They will do
a wiring problem, 15 problem solving questions, and the speech demo without
having to wear official dress. * NOTE: At the area CDE on November 15th
they will be required to wear official dress for the Speech Demo!  *These
students will be eligible for the prize money that will be given by the
participating EMC Cooperative!  If they choose not to do one of the stages:
wiring problem, problem solving, demo; they will receive a score of zero
for that particular stage!

Option 2. Your student will do the wiring problem, the 15 problem solving
questions (optional), and speech demo (optional) with help and assistance
from either you or me, *but they will not be eligible to win the prize the
money!*

Finally, the close time for the Okefenokee Practice on the Ag Ed website is
12:00 PM Friday October 26th. Please be aware that this is next  Friday-
the week of National Convention!  The Mitchell EMC close time on the Ag Ed
website is 12:00 PM on Wednesday November 2nd.  If you have not already
signed up please do so by the close date and time, since planning is
crucial for these two opportunities.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or reply back!

--

Jerry Stone
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher