We have finalized all the EMC Training's for this year and we are now moving into the last leg of preparations for Area 5 and Area 6 EMC CDE. Tuesday, October 30th & Thursday, November 8th, will be our EMC Practice events. These two events will allow you and your students the opportunity to take the skills they have learned from the classroom and the previous 2 EMC training's and apply them in a competitive setting. If your student is not ready to compete alone or with out help, that is okay and will be allowed this opportunity to prepare for the Area CDE on November 15th. (See Information below location and start times for the agenda/ order of business)

Okefenokee Practice
October 30th in Nahunta @ Brantley Co. High School, 10804 US-82, Nahunta, GA 31553
Start Time: 2:30 PM
Meal: Around 6 PM Results Announcement

Mitchell EMC Practice
November 8th in Camilla at EMC Headquarters, 475 Cairo Rd, Camilla, GA 31730
Start Time: 1:00 PM
Meal:  Around 6 PM Results Announcement

These opportunities will allow your student to compete like a simulated CDE, where you will have one of two options: (see below)

Option 1. Your student will be able to compete individually with no help from you or me and they will be eligible for the prize money. They will do a wiring problem, 15 problem solving questions, and the speech demo without having to wear official dress.  NOTE: At the area CDE on November 15th they will be required to wear official dress for the Speech Demo!  These students will be eligible for the prize money that will be given by the participating EMC Cooperative!  If they choose not to do one of the stages: wiring problem, problem solving, demo; they will receive a score of zero for that particular stage!

Option 2. Your student will do the wiring problem, the 15 problem solving questions (optional), and speech demo (optional) with help and assistance from either you or me, but they will not be eligible to win the prize the money!

Finally, the close time for the Okefenokee Practice on the Ag Ed website is 12:00 PM Friday October 26th. Please be aware that this is next  Friday- the week of National Convention!  The Mitchell EMC close time on the Ag Ed website is 12:00 PM on Wednesday November 2nd.  If you have not already signed up please do so by the close date and time, since planning is crucial for these two opportunities.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or reply back!

--

Jerry Stone

Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education