Area 2 Forestry CDE Advisors,

As you prepare to bring participants to the Forestry CDE today please read
these important items:

   - Please be on time today- Registration will start at 1:30 and go to
   2:15 at Flinchum's Pheonix in Whitehall Forest. I will start giving
   announcements and instructions at 2:15. We will be fighting daylight if we
   do not get started on time
   - If your time is a scratch please let me know so we are not waiting for
   you to start the contest
   - Each student needs to have all the equipment they need for the contest
   (compass, clinometer, biltmore stick, calculator), they will not have an
   opportunity to hand those off to another member of their team
   - Remember NO diameter tapes or logger's tapes are allowed
   - Have your students *watch the instructional video on how to fill out
   the practicum sheets and scantron*. This can be found on the North
   Region page. This will save your student time during the contest as well as
   speed the contest up
   - Have your students dress warm- the contest and practicum will last 2.5
   hours and students will be doing 4 different practicums
   - *I need 4 buses to transport each group to the CDE site about 1/2 mile
   down the road in Whitehall. Please let me know if you can provide a bus*
   - Your students will have time at the very end of the contest after the
   final practicum to finish bubbling in their scantron. Make sure they have
   seen the scantron BEFORE getting it for the first time at the contest. I
   have attached that as well
   - There will be North/South/100 foot stakes at Flincum's for your
   student to use

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher