1. Skill Event (Wiring)
As you are preparing your students for this amazing CDE, please instruct
your students NOT TO CUT THEIR WIRE DOWN TO 6" !!!!! I know that we have
concluded the EMC Wiring CDE's in the South Region for the year and you may
still be in the habit of instructing your students to do so, which is
totally acceptable according to code, but this CDE is a different animal
due to the nature of students involved and the amount of rotations/material
we have available to conduct this contest.  The instructions are clearly
written on their event sheet and the judges who will be helping, will go
over this as well. I just wanted to inform you to help better prepare and
train your students successfully as well as to enforce this now so that we
have a smooth, error free contests next week that will not  hold us up and
cause us to stay longer!!!

*General Instructions:*

            1.         Eye protection (safety glasses) is required at all
times.

            2.         All tools and electrical supplies are provided.

            3.         *Optional:  *You may use the attached wiring diagram
to sketch the wiring problem.

                        This portion will not be scored.

            4.         Only prepare the wire ends and make the connections, *do
not cut any wire!!!*

            5.         *Do not attach any of the devices to the boxes.*
            6.         *Do not tuck any of the conductors (wire) into the
boxes.*

2. Deadline
The deadline to register is this Thursday. I see a majority of you have
already registered!  THIS IS AWESOME! However, since I am setting up my
wiring boards now, if you have not already done so, could you please
register as well as send me a text letting me know that you have done so.
This as always helps with preparation.

3. Have a Happy Thanks giving and get some rest!

Ruth 2:4....."the Lord be with you!"

--

Jerry Stone
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher