-Thank you to all programs, teachers and students who participated in the
2018 Forestry CDE.

-Our event would not have happened without assistance from key individuals
that made our contest worthy of your students. A special thank you to the
team of teachers who assisted in the facilitating, supervising, and grading
over 400 student answer sheets. Thank You ABAC and the School of
Agriculture & Forest & Wildlife Resources for the use of facilities and
event areas.

Please complete the survey to see how I can improve you and your students
experience for the 2019 South Region Forestry CDE.

CLICK HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetHQSM3TToEL8arCmoCYtIt9kvOsdTxAeK_fOpJvuQPMBc3Q/viewform>

-Attached is a template that can be printed off on cardstock, cut 1/2 and
used as a Thank You Card.

-Also attached is a Press Release to be used to advertise your program in
your community and to other local stakeholders.

Results:
The top two Junior and Senior Teams will advance to the State Forestry CDE
to be held in the Central Region on February 8th & 9th, 2019 at FFA Camp
John Hope.

The winners were:
*AREA 6*
*Junior*
1st place Team- *Echols **County **FFA*; Advisor - Shelby Corbett
2nd place team- *Brantley** County High **School FFA*; Advisor - Richard
Gill
High Junior Individual was *Gavin Barkley* from Brantley County Middle
School FFA

*Senior*
1st place Team- *Ware County High **School FFA*; Advisor - Alex Chism
2nd place team- *Brantley** County High **School FFA*; Advisor - Richard
Gill
High Senior Individual was  *Grant Bennett* from Brantley County
High School FFA

*AREA 5*
*Junior*
1st place Team- *Wilcox County High** School FFA*; Advisor -  Addie Tucker
2nd place team- *Pelham** Middle School FFA*; Advisor -  Will Burt
High Junior Individual was *Drake McCorkle *from Wigham Middle School FFA

*Senior*
1st place Team- *Miller **County **High School FFA:* Advisor - Amanda Long
2nd place Team-  *Wilcox County **High School* *FFA*; Advisor - Addie Tucker
High Senior Individual was* Brooks Watson* from Miller County High
School FFA

Complete results are attached.

Regards,

sc

--
Shawn S. Collins
Interim South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198
Fax:    229-386-3457
Truck:  229-891-4330