-Thank you to all programs, teachers and students who participated in the 2018 Forestry CDE.

-Our event would not have happened without assistance from key individuals that made our contest worthy of your students. A special thank you to the team of teachers who assisted in the facilitating, supervising, and grading over 400 student answer sheets. Thank You ABAC and the School of Agriculture & Forest & Wildlife Resources for the use of facilities and event areas.

Please complete the survey to see how I can improve you and your students experience for the 2019 South Region Forestry CDE.

CLICK HERE

-Attached is a template that can be printed off on cardstock, cut 1/2 and used as a Thank You Card.

-Also attached is a Press Release to be used to advertise your program in your community and to other local stakeholders.

Results:

The top two Junior and Senior Teams will advance to the State Forestry CDE to be held in the Central Region on February 8th & 9th, 2019 at FFA Camp John Hope.

The winners were:
AREA 6
Junior
1st place Team- Echols County FFA; Advisor - Shelby Corbett
2nd place team- Brantley County High School FFA; Advisor - Richard Gill
High Junior Individual was Gavin Barkley from Brantley County Middle School FFA

Senior
1st place Team- Ware County High School FFA; Advisor - Alex Chism
2nd place team- Brantley County High School FFA; Advisor - Richard Gill
High Senior Individual waGrant Bennett from Brantley County High School FFA

AREA 5
Junior
1st place Team- Wilcox County High School FFA; Advisor -  Addie Tucker
2nd place team- Pelham Middle School FFA; Advisor -  Will Burt
High Junior Individual was Drake McCorkle from Wigham Middle School FFA

Senior
1st place Team- Miller County High School FFA: Advisor - Amanda Long
2nd place Team-  Wilcox County High School FFA; Advisor - Addie Tucker
High Senior Individual was Brooks Watson from Miller County High School FFA

Complete results are attached.

Regards,

sc

--
Shawn S. Collins
Interim South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198
Fax:    229-386-3457
Truck:  229-891-4330