So...it was brought to my attention yesterday that the North Region Spring
Plant Order Form had some fancy cross-breeding happening. Evidently when
our friends at GGS sent me the order form for this year, they intended to
replace Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum' (the beautiful purple fountain grass
we have offered for years) with Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby' (a new offering
from James Greenhouses that is a nice looking plant, but not an ornamental
grass). What happened was a cross-breed that showed up as Pennisetum 'Rock
Candy Ruby'. As cool as it sounds, it's not real. So, I spoke to James
Greenhouses and GGS and we are now offering both Pennisetum setaceum
'Rubrum' and Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby'. I've attached the updated order
form with both selections along with pictures/information on both below. If
you've already completed your order and you were not planning on ordering
Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum' and/or Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby', you can
just submit the original form.

Click here for pictures/information about Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'
<https://www.provenwinners.com/plants/pennisetum/graceful-grasses-purple-fountain-grass-pennisetum-setaceum-rubrum#tab-2>
Click here for pictures/information about Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby'
<https://www.starrosesandplants.com/plants/perennial/penstemon-pink-rock-candy>

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers