So...it was brought to my attention yesterday that the North Region Spring Plant Order Form had some fancy cross-breeding happening. Evidently when our friends at GGS sent me the order form for this year, they intended to replace Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum' (the beautiful purple fountain grass we have offered for years) with Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby' (a new offering from James Greenhouses that is a nice looking plant, but not an ornamental grass). What happened was a cross-breed that showed up as Pennisetum 'Rock Candy Ruby'. As cool as it sounds, it's not real. So, I spoke to James Greenhouses and GGS and we are now offering both Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum' and Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby'. I've attached the updated order form with both selections along with pictures/information on both below. If you've already completed your order and you were not planning on ordering Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum' and/or Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby', you can just submit the original form.

Click here for pictures/information about Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'
Click here for pictures/information about Penstemon 'Rock Candy Ruby'

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers
Athens, GA 30602