Teachers of the South Region:

Before we can take a well deserved slow down during the Christmas and New
Year Holiday, I would like to remind you of the Marketing Plan CDE timeline
to help you prepare for "round two".

See message below that Mr. Benson sent on December 5.

Advisors,

I wanted to get this out to all the potential Marketing Plan CDE teams
before you dismissed for the holidays. *If you are planning to have a team
participate in the Marketing Plan CDE this year, please read this email
carefully.*

Again this year the Marketing Plan CDE is a straight-to-state event, and I
will serve as Superintendent of the CDE. There WILL NOT be any Area
qualifying events. The state Marketing  Plan CDE will take place on
Saturday, February 9th, at Fort Valley State University. Each team is
expected to register and submit their written plan by the deadline (see
details below) in order to participate on February 9th.

Attached to this email are the guidelines for the state Marketing Plan CDE.
You can find these guidelines, along with scoring rubrics for the written
plan and the presentation on the CDE portion of the Georgia FFA website. On
the Marketing Plan CDE page you will also notice two sample Marketing Plans as
resources.

*What is it?*
The Marketing Plan CDE is an opportunity for a 3-person team to develop a
plan to market a " VALUE ADDED" agricultural product. The CDE guidelines
spell out the specific requirements (and components) of the plan. Teams
should select a potential client, and then assume the role of a
marketing agency
hired to create a plan to better market a product or service from the
business. Each team will be expected to submit a written plan, then make an
oral presentation explaining the plan to a group of judges on February 9th.
(Example, you should not try to market ABC Livestock Farm as a whole, but
you could considering marketing ABC Livestock Farm’s line of freezer beef
or their line of goat milk, etc…)

*Registration*
All teams interested in participating in the state Marketing Plan CDE must
complete the online registration process by January 23rd. Registration is
available through the Georgia AgEd/FFA website in the “Event Registration”
tab. In order to complete the online registration, teachers must be
prepared to declare which three students are part of their Marketing Plan team,
and those students must be on the chapter FFA roster in order to be
registered for the CDE.

*Material Due Date*
Written Marketing Plans must be submitted via email PDF documents by the
end of the day on Wednesday, January 24. Plans received after January 24th will
receive point deductions. Plans received after Wednesday, January 31, will
not be scored.

If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Kent

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463  Office
530-574-3687  Cell

Marketing Plan Guidelines <http://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=83>

--
Shawn S. Collins
Interim South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198
Fax:    229-386-3457
Truck:  229-891-4330