Dear Georgia Agricultural Education Teachers,

This is a FINAL reminder to please complete Patricia Williamsís survey of Georgia Agricultural Education Teachers about their knowledge and experience with regards to school gardens and gardening curriculum. We hate to be a bother, but receiving your responses is critical to Patriciaís research and will help her graduate. If you have already completed this questionnaire ---THANK YOU!!  As stated before, this voluntary research study will ask you to respond to statements by sharing your level of agreement and how true specific qualities are for you. You will be asked to share some demographic information but will not be asked for personal information or identifiers. This research does involve the transmission of data sent via the Internet. Every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure the effective use of available technology; however, confidentiality during online communication cannot be guaranteed. The on-line questionnaire can be found at the following link:

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BEGIN TAKING THE SURVEY:

https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_42tp7RNsAbrrPLv

I know your time is very valuable and the questionnaire will take 25 minutes to complete. The information collected could be published, however any identifiable information will not be included in the publication or shared. If at any time you wish to stop taking the questionnaire, you may do so without penalty. There are no anticipated risks or discomforts from participation in this study. There are also no direct benefits to participants. However, this study will contribute to the literature on school gardens, It will also identify benefits, barriers and resources of school gardens and school garden curriculum within the agricultural education programs in Georgia. While there is a lot of research on garden-based learning at the elementary school level, there is very little research on garden-based learning/instruction at the middle and high school level. Therefore, this study will be useful for further garden program implementation in Georgia agriculture programs and schools. The results from this study may be published however, any potential identifying information will not be used. I encourage you to complete this survey as it will provide Agricultural Education with important information and assist in my path to graduation.

If you have any additional information about this research project, please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] or Dr. Roger Hill, the study Principal Investigator at [log in to unmask]. Questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant should be directed to University of Georgia Institutional Review Board; (706) 542-3199; email address [log in to unmask].  Again, thank you so much for assisting with this Doctoral project.

Sincerely,

Patricia Williams, Co-Principal Investigator

Ed.D. Candidate

Department of Workforce Education, Leadership and Social Foundations

University of Georgia