Ag Teachers,

Each year, as part of the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show in February, the Georgia FFA & 4-H have the opportunity to spotlight six (6) young people as Student Spotlights in the Georgia Jr. Livestock Catalog. One student each in the swine, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, and goat species, in addition to an All Around Individual, are selected. This year we received another wonderful set of applications from some outstanding young exhibitors. The decision was difficult, but the review committee is very excited about the students who have been selected.

What we are looking for are students who are the epitome of hard work, fair play, character, and project growth. Regardless of the color ribbons they win, or the size of their operation, we want to spotlight those who define all that is good about the junior livestock program. So many of the students who were nominated incapsulate these characteristics.

The selection committee met today and we would like to recommend the following individuals to be recognized in the 2019 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Catalog.

All Around - Will Woodard (Morgan County 4-H and Morgan County FFA)

Beef Cattle - Wyatt Chandler (East Jackson FFA)

Sheep - Gracy Sexton (Gordon County 4-H & Sonoraville FFA)

Swine - Taylor Barber (Decatur County 4-H & Bainbridge FFA)

Goat - Lily Norton (Grady County 4-H & Cairo FFA)

Dairy Cattle - Emma Newberry (Oconee County FFA)

Congratulations to these students, and all of the worthy junior livestock exhibitors who were nominated for this honor.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA