Teachers of Forestry & Advisors of Forestry Field Day/CDE Teams,

The purpose of email is for you to acquire pine seedlings to teach
reforestation and prepare for upcoming Forestry Field Days. Now is the time!

Please go visit your local Georgia Forestry Commission Forestry Unit and
meet them; they are our allies. Tell them who you are and what you are
doing. We have new teachers in the South Region and our local GFC Units
have experienced the same turn over.

Have them order you in a bundle of seedlings to use for teaching and
practice for Forestry Field Days.

The GFC State Tree Nursery is aware of this and is a HUGE supporter and an
asset our efforts for preparing for class labs and Forestry Field Days.

If anything else, going to your local GFC County Unit is opportunity for
you and your local GFC Rangers to meet one-another and strengthen your
relationship on the local level.

The seedlings will keep; I would strongly encourage you to make this a
priority within the next week to 10 days.

Regards,

sc

--
Shawn S. Collins
Interim South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198
Fax:    229-386-3457
Truck:  229-891-4330