*Update #2:*

I need you to bring some of your Vet. Science Supplies to the contest for
us to use.  Because of just asking a few to do so could give an unfair
advantage to their teams, I am asking everyone to bring to same things.
(Obviously, I don't need everyone to bring everything)  Please contact me
if you can bring the items and when I have enough of what I need, I will
send out another update.

*Here is the list and will need multiple of each.*
Vet. Tech Surgical Instrument Kit
Cat Cages
Cat Bags
Cat Muzzles
Cat Dummy
nylon dog muzzles
elizabethan collars
Dog Dummy

The Seniors will be in the Safe Building which is just to the left of the
entrance to the Vet. Science Building and at this time will be outside.
(Check the weather 62 and cloudy)

The Juniors will be in the Vet. Science Building.

If the weather is bad, we may try to line up buses for the seniors to sit
on.  Please let me know if you will have coming on a bus that we might
could use to keep students out of the weather.

Thank you!

*Update and Reminders:*

We have 300 students coming for Friday and Saturday.  I am working out the
logistics currently.  But, Please!  Arrive early!  We will need to start at
3:30 so that it doesn't take till 10 PM!

Because of the numbers, I will need several of you to be group leaders to
keep the kids flowing through as quickly as possible.  I will also need
some of you to be at the stations to help prep each practicum.

You will be outside some of the time, so dress for the weather!  As of
right now it is supposed to be - 62 degrees and cloudy.

If we can work out the space I may have to ask some of you to judge the
practicums.  ex. - if you have a Sr. team - judge Jr. practicum etc..
Please let me know if you are willing to do that.  If this occurs, you
would only be judging 1/8 of the students participating.

Parking:  There is some parking across the street from the building.  Buses
will need to drop students off and then park at the end of the street on
Toomer Lane.

Please let me know if any of your teams WILL NOT be coming.  I have
attached the teams I have registered.

Practicums - last year students would stand in line, do a practicum and
then stand in line again.  This year because of numbers - the plan is that
they will stand in line, do a practicum and then continue directly into the
2nd practicum, stand in line, and do 2 more practicums back to back.

*2019 Georgia FFA State Veterinary Science CDE*

*When:*  Friday, February 8th and Saturday, February 9th
*Where:*  Veterinary Science and Public Health Building at Fort Valley
State University
*Pre-Registration: * by Friday, January 25th at www.GeorgiaFFA.org event
registration.
*Registration:*  3:00-3:30 PM, Friday, February 8th
*Supplies to bring:*  Clipboard, Pencils, Non-programmable calculator
*Contest Information:*  https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=821
*Seniors:*  Written Exam, Identification, and 4 Practicums
*Juniors:*  Written Exam, Identification, and 2 Practicums

*Practicums* will be done on Friday.  *Written Exam and Identification* will
be done on Saturday.
*Friday activities* will be held at the Veterinary Science and Public
Health Building.
*Saturday activities* will be held at the Pettigrew Center Auditorium.

Prepare students to use Multipurpose A scantrons for the contest.
Follow *Dress
Code* in Rules.
Practicums will be done with "dummys".  No live animals will be used.
Senior students may be asked to handle needles during the contest.  They
may be asked to administer a shot or fill a syringe.  If they are not
comfortable with a real needle, they may explain the practicum steps to the
judge; however, they will lose points for not actually performing the task.

*Parking* for the Veterinary Science and Public Health Building.  Cars can
park in parking lot across the street.  Buses will need to move down to
field down towards Toomer Lane.

Please email me with any questions.

RW
--