Good Afternoon,

The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication and I are excited to announce the release of the call for application for the ADVANCE Ag Institute!! The ADVANCE Ag Institute will take place on the UGA Athens Campus from June 23rd to 26th, 2019.  The eligibility requirements and information about the program are below.  Applications are due on April 29th by 11:55 PM and acceptance announcements will be made on May 6th.  Also, attached is a flyer that you can hang in your classroom to help promote the program to students!

Application Eligibility and Requirements: (applications and essays will be used to determine acceptance into the program.)
1) Must be a rising high school senior with an interest in agricultural education (becoming an agriculture teacher)
2) Willing to make a commitment to scientific and educational exploration and required to attend classes and laboratory sessions.
3) Submit a completed application that includes an essay on one of the topics indicated in the application.

For the 2019 ADVANCE Ag Institute, there are only 25 spots available.

The 2019 ADVANCE Ag Institute, has a fee of $225 that will be collected after students are chosen for the program, it is likely that additional funds will be available to reduce this cost for student participants.  This fee includes all meals, housing, transportation, and a conference shirt.

If you have any questions about the application or require a printed or pdf version of the application please contact Dr. Eric D. Rubenstein at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 706-542-3191.
Application Link: https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1zed0a1MNM101Lf

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Please let me know if you or a student have any questions!

Eric
Eric D. Rubenstein, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Agricultural Leadership, Education, & Communication Department
405 College Station Rd. | 133 Four Towers | Athens, GA 30602
Office: (706) 542-3191 | Fax: (706) 542-0262 | Email:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[signature_880663714]