1. This event is open to students in *grades 9-12* who are agricultural
education students and are paid members of a chartered FFA chapter.

2. *Below is a FINAL LIST* of chapters that are registered.  If you if have
any cancellations please let me know.  This is extremely important because
set-up and materials being needed are crucial to an effective CDE being
conducted.

3. *If you have forgotten to register but plan to attend, you need to call
me immediately!* Because if you show up on the day of the CDE and have
not *notified
me by today's end*, plan to wait until the CDE is over to
participate!!! Approximately
6:30 to 7:00 PM.

Why? Because I only have enough wiring boards, engines, and tools to
accommodate the one's who have followed directions and responded/registered
accordingly!

Registration begins at 1:30 in the Chambliss Building and the CDE starts at
2:00 PM.  Please refer to the Agricultural Technology & Mechanical Systems
CDE *Guidelines* and the Agricultural Technology & Mechanical Systems CDE
*Description* *Sheet* on the Ag. Ed. website for this years activities.
Here is the link for the information:
https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=67

4. *Electrical Skill: *Teachers, if you could help me reinforce this
saying, *DO NOT CUT THE WIRE!!!! *This event does not ask your student to
mount the devices in the box. So there is no need to cut the wire down to
the NEC Code requirement of 6 inches!!!  If you have trained your
student(s) to do so; especially, those who have competed in the EMC wiring
CDE, please correct them and tell them that this is not required in this
CDE!!!

*Students must have the following tools/equipment to participate:*

*Approved safety glasses*
*Welding gloves*
*Welding helmet minimum #10 shaded lens*
*Long sleeve cover/welding jacket/sleeve protection*
*Closed toe boots*
*Slag hammer & wire brush*
*Calculator*
*Pencils & colored pencils or 4 color pen (Red, Black, Blue & Green) set
for each student.*

*Welding will be GMAW (aka. Mig Welding)  *The weld joint will be either a
Butt, Tee, Lap, or Pipe joint.

*Area 5 Registrants*
Americus Sumter South High
Colquitt County High