From: *Lynne Cook* <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, February 1, 2019
Subject: February 4th at Tift County High School
To: Stacey Beacham <[log in to unmask]>

The Tift County FFA is excited to host the Sub-Area V events on Monday,
February 4th. I was hoping to have a map to share with you. However, Google
Maps has not updated their views, and our campus has TREMENDOUSLY changed.
So, I will try to give directions as clearly as possible. We will have some
signage and FFA members visible for further direction. There are two major
approaches to Tift County High School, Kent Road and New River Church Road.

For the Speaking Competitions:
PLEASE do not attempt to arrive until after 3:30 PM. The final bell rings
at 3:12 PM, and with only 2 routes out, traffic is horrendous. Please enter
Blue Devil Way via Kent Road. This entrance runs directly beside the ponds
at the front of the school and leads to a lift-arm gate and roundabout.
Buses will have to park against the right hand curb on either the entrance
or the exit side of this drive, leaving the left lane for other traffic in
and out. Other vehicles can choose one of two places to park. At the end of
the drive, there is a visitor's parking lot to the right and Performing Art
Center parking to the left. Again, Tift County FFA members will be at the
end of the drive to assist in directions, but both parking lots are easily
visible. Entrance into the building will be gained at the corner of the
front courtyard under a tower-like shelter. Registration will occur in the
lobby, and we will gather in the Commons (lunchroom) for instructions.
Competitors will be escorted from there to rooms for competition. When
exiting the campus, either follow the Blue Devil Way exit lane or exit
through the student parking lot.

For the Lawnmower Competition:
The driving portion of this event will occur on the school farm land
adjacent to the school located less than 1/10th of a mile north of the
school on New River Church Road. Mr. Heath Cross will be directing traffic
there. Then, Advisors will be directed to the problem solving area. Parking
for this portion will be around the Tift County Canning Plant behind Tift
County High School. Just before school ends, this entrance, which is the
bus entrance, is EXTREMELY congested and active. So, please be careful.

Feel free to contact us for more information:

Lynne Cook - 229-382-2507
Heath Cross - 229-848-3515
Brittaney Schwing - 229-326-4921

--
Stacey Beacham
South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3428
Cell: 229-873-4202