The Area 6 Middle and High School Lawnmower Career Development Events were held yesterday at Brantley County Middle School and we had a good turn out and ate plenty of pizza chocolate icing cake- As Sonny's would say, "YUMMY"!!!

I want to thank Mrs. Krista Morris and the students of the of Brantley Middle FFA for their help with setting up the driving courses as well as their hospitality.

Chad Crews for his help setting up the courses as well.

A huge, much appreciated help from all of the Ag teachers who helped tear-down and trailer load-up from yesterday's event

Big thanks to Principal Chris Harris, Mrs. Pat Herrin, and Mrs. Racheal Baxley for their help with conducting the Problem Solving and the Exam portions of the CDE!

I would also like to thank Mr. Stacey Beacham for his assistance and help with the judging of yesterday's contest!!!

If you see any of these people give them a huge thank you!!!

The top 2 from each event will represent Area 6 at the State Lawnmower CDE which will be held on February 9th (Next Saturday) in Ft. Valley. More details will be coming later.

Congratulations to the following FFA members for advancing to the State CDE!!!

Middle School
1st Place:  Gavin Baxley of the Brantley Middle FFA, Advisor Krista Morris
2nd Place: Gabriel Claxton of the Jeff Davis Middle FFA, Advisor Chesley Taylor

High School
1st Place: Stanley Rush of the McIntosh Academy FFA, Advisor John Deverger
2nd Place: Riley Johns of the Brantley Co. High FFA, Advisor Chad Crews

Please see attachment for a complete list of results.

--

Jerry Stone

Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education