1. This event is open to students in grades 9-12 who are agricultural education students and are paid members of a chartered FFA chapter.

2. Below is a FINAL LIST of chapters that are registered.  If you if have any cancellations please let me know.  This is extremely important because set-up and materials being needed are crucial to an effective CDE being conducted.

3. If you have forgotten to register but plan to attend, you need to call me immediately! Because if you show up on the day of the CDE and have not notified me by today's end, plan to wait until the CDE is over to participate!!! Approximately 6:30 to 7:00 PM.

Why? Because I only have enough wiring boards, engines, and tools to accommodate the one's who have followed directions and responded/registered accordingly!

Registration begins at 1:30 in the Chambliss Building and the CDE starts at 2:00 PM.  Please refer to the Agricultural Technology & Mechanical Systems CDE Guidelines and the Agricultural Technology & Mechanical Systems CDE Description Sheet on the Ag. Ed. website for this years activities. Here is the link for the information: https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=67

4. Electrical Skill: Teachers, if you could help me reinforce this saying, DO NOT CUT THE WIRE!!!! This event does not ask your student to mount the devices in the box. So there is no need to cut the wire down to the NEC Code requirement of 6 inches!!!  If you have trained your student(s) to do so; especially, those who have competed in the EMC wiring CDE, please correct them and tell them that this is not required in this CDE!!!

Students must have the following tools/equipment to participate:

Approved safety glasses
Welding gloves
Welding helmet minimum #10 shaded lens
Long sleeve cover/welding jacket/sleeve protection
Closed toe boots
Slag hammer & wire brush
Calculator
Pencils & colored pencils or 4 color pen (Red, Black, Blue & Green) set for each student.

Welding will be GMAW (aka. Mig Welding)  The weld joint will be either a  Butt, Tee, Lap, or Pipe joint.

Area 5 Registrants
Americus Sumter South High
Colquitt County High
Crisp County High