We will be hosting a Central Region Mock Proficiency Interview on Monday,
April 15th at Veterans High School to help prepare the proficiency finalist
for their state interview.  The interviews will begin at 4:00 and we will
go in the order that you arrive.  Please plan on your proficiency finalist
attending.  A meal will be provided for the finalist and the advisor.

We will cover all aspects of the proficiency interviews.

   - C*andidates will need to prepare a ONE minute opener* that introduces
   themselves and their SAE. It is best that they have this somewhat
   memorized.
   - After presenting their opener - All candidates will go through a 5
   minute interview - The important thing about the interview is they give
   good thought provoked answers to the questions, they explain themselves
   well and don't give short quick answers.
   - The judges will give feedback to each finalist after each interview to
   help them get ready for their state interview.
   - Students should bring a copy of their proficiency application with
   them to the interview.

*Please let me know in advance if your proficiency finalist will be
attending* the mock interview session so I can prepare enough material and
have enough food.  If you have other questions please let me know.

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education