Summer Leadership Camp Parental Consent / Medical Forms (New System!)

Below we have provided the following:
  1. Instructions for teachers
  2. Sample email for parents (Covington)
  3. Sample email for parents (Camp John Hope)
Instructions for Teachers:

Step 1: Share the link with the parents of your students once you are sure they are attending camp. There is a sample email below. Very Important!! You must use the correct page link for the correct camp! There are separate forms for Covington and Fort Valley!

Step 2: Track which parents have sent you their confirmation email.

Step 3: By 2:00 PM on the Wednesday before your week of camp, ensure that all of your students have completed forms.

Step 4: Review the forms and identify the students that will have medications that will need to be turned in, and also which students have allergies that you need to be aware of.

Step 5: Arrive at camp with medications to turn in! You do NOT have to bring a copy of the forms to turn in!

Sample email for parents (Covington)

I am very excited that your student is attending Summer Leadership Camp!
In order for them to attend, you must complete an online Parental Consent / Medical Form.

Step 1: Complete the online form (link below). Be prepared to provide medical information (medications, insurance information, etc) and note that your student must be with you to complete the Code of Conduct section.

Step 2: When you receive the confirmation email from Jotform, forward that email to me so I will have a copy during camp and will know that it is completed.

Step 3: Be sure to read the instructions for sending your student's medications to camp. All medications must be in the original package (daily sorters/pill keepers are not permitted.) Please only send enough medication for the week of camp.

Step 4: Talk to your student about the importance of following the camp policies. If they do not follow the camp policies, you may be contacted to pick them up from camp.

Here is the link for you to complete the online form: Georgiaffacamp.org/medical

If you need assistance with completing the form, please let me know.

[...]

Here is the link for you to complete the online form: Campjohnhope.com/medical

If you need assistance with completing the form, please let me know.

--
Russel Towns

Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center
720 FFA FHA Camp Road