The registration link is now open on the GA Ag Ed website for the Living to Serve activities scheduled for our day of service event on Thursday, April 25th. A link below is also provided for your convenience.
- Register each chapter separately (this includes Middle and High Schools in the same county) It's much easier with data reporting later
- Pay attention to the last Item on the Registration page this is where you notify me of:
- Chapters riding together that need to work together
- students with special needs
- anything that you think I need to know or specific areas of service interest
- Make sure to include all adults participating in your numbers
- The registration link will close on April 12th to allow time for final planning/logistics
- T-Shirts will be provided - as in the past, a specific t-shirt order form will be sent only to those who register - go ahead and gather sizes asap
- Lunches and bottled water will be provided - drinks, chips, cookies, etc.. will be distributed when we meet that morning (bring coolers with ice for water/drinks) Sandwiches will be delivered on site
- House Painting - Partnering with Rebuilding Macon
- Site Work - Partnering with Macon Parks and Beautification
- Yard Work (NEW) - Performing yard work for those who can't
- Rescue Mission - Raised Bed Gardens
- Rescue Mission - Thrift Store
- Daybreak - Homeless Ministry of DePaul
- Ocmulgee National Historic Site
- Other opportunities may develop!
The participation of FFA members in this activity continues to grow. If the growth continues with the same pattern as the last 4 years, we will have 1000 participants engaged in service activities in the Macon area on April 25th. Thank you to all the veteran participants and welcome to the new ones as we take a few hours of time to provide a variety of welcome services to the Macon community.
Remember, true service comes at a sacrifice. Work hard, invest your time, smile, and show Macon how much we care!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Area Mechanics Teacher
Central Region Agricultural Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
478 825 6068 office
478 230 8344 cell
478 825 6980 fax