Good Morning Mr. Mitchell,
I hope you are doing well. Madison County Middle School currently has a job opening, and we are actively looking for applicants. Would you please send out the information listed below on the ag. listserv?
Job Title: Agriculture Teacher
School System: Madison County School System
School: Madison County Middle School
Qualifications: Must hold or be eligible for a Georgia teaching certificate in Agriculture education. Work experience in agriculture education or agriculture-related industry preferred. Minimum of bachelor's degree in Agriculture education or agriculture-related industry. Experience as an FFA student and/or advisor desired.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and delivers effective instruction to promote student achievement.
2. Displays a thorough knowledge of high school agricultural education curriculum and subject matter.
3. Establishes a positive learning environment and responds to the individual needs of students.
4. Daily responsibilities include conducting instruction, assigning grades in a timely manner, maintaining accurate records, managing equipment and supply inventory, and maintaining effective classroom management.
5. Communicates effectively with students, parents, and co-workers.
6. Serves as an advisor for the local FFA chapter and promotes FFA activities as an integral part of the agricultural education experience.
7. Collaborates and communicates effectively with other agriculture teachers.
8. Supervises the planning and development of a Student Agricultural Experience (SAE) for each individual student.
9. Works with leadership to develop and deliver agriculture courses as appropriate to the respective student populations.
10. Recruits new students into the agriculture program.
11. Supervises students at agriculture events including leadership, competition, and community service activities.
12. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
13. Performs other related responsibilities as approved by the appropriate administrator.