Area 2 Wildlife Competitors,

Congratulations to all the students that competed in the Area 2 Wildlife
CDE yesterday at Jackson County High School. We had 30 Junior Teams and 18
Senior Teams compete in the newly formatted Wildlife CDE. I would like to
thank all the teachers that helped in leading groups (Christy Dills, Luz
Morales, Brandon Walker, Bailey Hicks, Kipp Jackson, Kathrine Bell, Kevin
Surrette, Nathan Heaton, Alex Holman, and Sara Hughes), the contest would
not have gone as well as it did without you. The top 2 teams have earned
their spot to compete at the State Career Development event in Athens on
March 22-23rd.

A special thanks to our judges for sharing their time and expertise:

   - Mr. Bill Lott - Manager of the Thompson Mill Arboretum.
   - Mr. John Seginak - retired UGA Wildlife Biologist
   - Mr. Jimmy Mock - retired Ag teacher and Hall of Fame member
   - Jackson County High School (Shannon Lawrence and Micah Story) for
   hosting the event.

Results are official and rosters have been verified. Complete results are
attached.

**Jr. Team Winners**
1st - Banks County High (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd - Washington Wilkes High School (Advisor: Kyle Wilson)
Jr. High Individual was George Parham from Madison County Middle School

**Sr. Team Winners* ***
1st - Banks County High (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd-  Franklin County High School (Advisor: Trey Harris)
Sr. High Individual was Kade Rogers from Banks County High School

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher