Area 2 Wildlife Competitors,

Congratulations to all the students that competed in the Area 2 Wildlife CDE yesterday at Jackson County High School. We had 30 Junior Teams and 18 Senior Teams compete in the newly formatted Wildlife CDE. I would like to thank all the teachers that helped in leading groups (Christy Dills, Luz Morales, Brandon Walker, Bailey Hicks, Kipp Jackson, Kathrine Bell, Kevin Surrette, Nathan Heaton, Alex Holman, and Sara Hughes), the contest would not have gone as well as it did without you. The top 2 teams have earned their spot to compete at the State Career Development event in Athens on March 22-23rd.

A special thanks to our judges for sharing their time and expertise:
  • Mr. Bill Lott - Manager of the Thompson Mill Arboretum.
  • Mr. John Seginak - retired UGA Wildlife Biologist
  • Mr. Jimmy Mock - retired Ag teacher and Hall of Fame member
  • Jackson County High School (Shannon Lawrence and Micah Story) for hosting the event.
Results are official and rosters have been verified. Complete results are attached.

*Jr. Team Winners*
1st - Banks County High (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd - Washington Wilkes High School (Advisor: Kyle Wilson)
Jr. High Individual was George Parham from Madison County Middle School

*Sr. Team Winners* **
1st - Banks County High (Advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd-  Franklin County High School (Advisor: Trey Harris)
Sr. High Individual was Kade Rogers from Banks County High School

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher