Teachers:

Thank you for your participation in the Area 6 Forestry CDE.

I would like to again thank our sponsor Weyerhaeuser; and their
representatives: David Hornsby, Daniel Atkins, Lorin Clark, Jacob Sheppard,
Wayne Little, Jimmy Barrett, Steve Manning, Tyler Pope, Scott Flick, Garik
Louge and additional employees that assisted in the execution of a quality
event. Additional sponsors include: SAF Black Water Chapter, Ag South Farm
Credit, IFCO, Seven Rivers RC & D Council, Rayonier, FRAM, S&A Dixon
Forestry, and others.

I would also like to thank Forestry Consultant Scott Cunningham, Georgia
Power Representative Kevin Brazel, Mean Dean Oliver, the Georgia Forestry
Commission GFC Region 5  Regional Forester Jason Gillis, Zone 2 FMO; Bo
Chesser, and Forest Area 10 FMO Jamie Smith, GFC Foresters, and the Old
Satilla GFC District County Units (FMO Area 7, 8, 9, 10) for their part in
making the event and the other 7 events happen.

Without the help in monetary support from our sponsors, setting up,
judging, grading, event supervision, and scoring assistance from the
combined efforts of Weyerhaeuser, GFC, the  Liberty, Pierce, Echols County
Bus Driving volunteers (no one got left at Forest Management this year,
good deal), and the South Region Agricultural Education Team & Area
Officers; the event would not have been possible. Please appropriately
thank these individuals for the support of our students when possible.

Congratulations to the teams who will be representing Area 6 next Thursday
at the State Forestry Field Day in Swainsboro, GA.

Junior Team

1st        Echols County Middle School
2nd       Brantley County High School

Senior Team

1st        Wayne County High School
2nd       Echols High School

 Complete team/individual scores are attached.

--
Shawn S. Collins
South Region Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198