Ag Teachers,

As you wrap up the school year, don't forget about any graduated FFA members who are eligible to apply for the American FFA Degree. A student has three calendar years after they graduate high school to apply for the American Degree. For example, a student who graduated from high school in May of 2016 has 2017, 2018, and 2019 to apply for the American Degree. If you have students who you believe will qualify, please encourage them to login to their MyFFA accounts and complete the American FFA Degree.

Submission
All American Degree applications are fully completed online now, even the signatures. However, to submit for consideration, a student should print their American Degree application (will all necessary online signatures) and submit the hard copy to the appropriate Regional AgEd office. American Degree applications are due to the Region office by May 15.

Star Application
If a student has an exceptional SAE please consider having them complete a Star application along with their American Degree application. Star applications should be submitted by May 15 also, and should be submitted along with the American Degree application.

Roster/Login
In order to be access the American FFA Degree application a student must have MyFFA login credentials. The student must also be a paid (and processed) member on the FFA roster for the 2018-19 school year, as well as the previous 3 years at minimum. If you have a student who graduated last year or the year previous, be sure to submit them on your chapter roster for FFA membership this year. Keep in mind that the student will likely not have access to the American Degree application if they are not on the roster. If you wait until the day(s) just before the deadline to submit these students for FFA membership, it will be much more difficult to have them processed in time to apply for the American Degree this year.

A Challenge!
Finally, we been increasing our American FFA Degree application total from our state for the past four years. Not long ago we submitting just more than 60 applications. Three years ago we broke with 100 mark with 102 applications. In 2017 we submitted 132 applications, and last year we submitted 134 American Degree applications. I believe that we have even more students who meet the qualifications for the American Degree, but don't complete the application. I hope that you will search your memory files and encourage at least one student from your chapter to apply. Lets reach the 150 mark for American Degree applications in 2019.

Please call on me if I can help!

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association