Good morning teachers. I do apologize for the length of this email, but please take time to read all of it.

 It has come to my attention that there are many teachers who are behind on monthly reports. Some of you are only one month behind while others are many months behind. Please understand that these reports and this information is very valuable when our GVATA/PRC is speaking to legislators about extended day/extended year grant money. Remember what was said at our GVATA conference, this grant money is not a guarantee. We need to do all we can to protect this "gift" from the state. Not just to protect but to be good stewards of what we are given. While a legislator may not be able to visit you and physically see what you do on a daily basis, we can use these monthly reports to show how we are utilizing these grant funds. And your legislator may be the one asking.

Additionally, these reports should be given to your CTAE director, principal or superintendent. It gives credibility to the work that you are doing. They too cannot always see what you are doing after school and many weekends but they can read these reports. Who knows, this may spark an interest and you could gain even more support for your program!

And lastly, (you knew I was going to say it) it is listed in your POW standards that you will submit these monthly reports by the 10th of every month. While I know that life happens and we sometimes let this fall by the wayside, it is part of our professionalism to follow through on what we said we would do in our POW.

It's a new school year with new possibilities. Let's start the year with making these monthly reports more of a priority. Make sure your monthly reports show multiple components of your program, SAE, Industry Contacts, FFA, etc. Quality and Integrity, that's what we are looking for! Begin today to develop a way to keep these reports up to date. That is different for everyone. For some, it is putting in entries at the end of the day, for some it means putting in yesterday's entry in first thing in the morning, etc. It does not have to be a daunting task if we have a system to keep up.

So if you are behind, please take the time to catch up. If you are not sure, check. Please let the South Region Office know if we can help in any way.

I hope you have a great day and remember......

You got to love the kids!!

--
Mr. Stacey Beacham
South Region Director – Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3428
Cell: 229-873-4202