---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Harrison, Andy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 3:01 PM
Subject: FW: Georgia Grown Baby Barn Ambassador Program - Georgia National
Fair
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Can you please send this out to your teachers on the list serve.

It is about time again for the Georgia National Fair and we again are
asking for your help in recruiting your students to serve as Ambassadors
for the Georgia Grown Baby Barn at the Georgia National Fair in Perry
- *October
3rd – 13th*.  Last year the Baby barn was one of the main attractions of
the fair drawing an estimated 180,000 people during the fair’s open hours.
The young people who served as our Ambassadors were a huge part of making
this endeavor of the Georgia Grown Baby Barn the big success it was.  These
fine young people helped by holding baby pigs, talking to the public about
hogs and pigs, helping with the baby calves, answering questions, bottle
feeding and assisting the veterinarians with the calf care.  There was one
ambassador who even assisted one of the veterinarians with the birth of a
calf.   How impressive it was to see these great young people helping tell
the agriculture story of the Baby Barn.

If you have students who would be interested in serving as a Baby Barn
Ambassador, go to the link

https://www.georgiagrown.com/Georgia-Grown-Baby-Barn-Student-Ambassador-Program-Information

At this link you will find more information on the Baby Barn as well as
sign up information.   To clarify the sign up, the form is in a spreadsheet
format with tabs at the bottom for each day. We have broken each day into
three shifts of four hours each.    On the day or days, you wish to sign up
your students as ambassadors, put your name and information on each line
for an ambassador.  Example – if you were signing up 4 students for a shift
on a certain day, you would list your name and info 4 times.   We will
revise the form and send a follow up message for you to complete the form
with student name, grade, tee shirt size, and preference of swine of
cattle.  Hopefully this will make things easier to understand.  The goal is
to have all the Baby Barn Ambassador positions reserved by September 10th.
(You know we must get those tee shirts ordered)  We welcome students who
want to serve on more than one shift or several days.

Also, on the site will be videos and information on the Baby Barn that we
ask that you review with your students prior to coming to the Georgia Grown
Building at the fair.  There is also a release form that we will need when
they arrive.

Again, thank you for your support by helping us with the Baby Barn
Ambassador program. We look forward to seeing you and your students at the
Georgia National Fair in Perry – October 3rd – 13th.

If you have questions, please contact me.

*Andy Harrison*

Commodity Commissions, Manager

*Georgia Department of Agriculture*

19 M.L.K, Jr. Dr. SW | Atlanta, GA |30334

Office: 404.586.1405  | Cell: 404.710.1196

www.agr.georgia.gov | www.georgiagrown.com

[image: Description: Description: Description: bare-with-text-two-lines]

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp

*Georgia Agricultural Education*

Curriculum & Technology Director

1420 Experiment Station Road

Watkinsville, GA 30677

www.gaaged.org

706-310-3466 Office

706-244-8991 Cell

*Agricultural Education Mission*

"To be a premier learning system that delivers agricultural, environmental and
leadership education programs and services."