Good afternoon! Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware that you can
now register your students for the upcoming Floral Design CDE. Registration
will close on Tuesday September 10th at 12:00 pm (noon). This is necessary
for so I can get accurate numbers for the floral product as well as
t-shirts. I will send out the T-Shirt design as soon as I get it back from
our t-shirt company (but just go ahead and plan on ordering one anyway!).

*Sign In:* 4 PM
*Contest Starts*:  4:30 PM - Please make sure your students arrive on time
as this is a timed event.

*Senior Students:*  Create 1 Design, 25 Flower/ Hard Good ID, and 25
question Test
*Junior Students:*  Create 1 Design,  25 Flower/ Hard Good ID

<http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=84>
Location

*Area 1 FFA Floral Design CDE, September 24th @ Cass High School Cafeteria

*Area 2  FFA Floral Design CDE, September 26th @ East Jackson High School
Cafeteria

Fee
* There is a $12 cost for materials.
* The designs can/should be taken home by the student at the end of the
competition once scoring is complete.

*Tools*
Rule Clarification for Tools Allowed:

Each contestant will bring to the contest a pencil, clipboard, basic
calculator, bucket and their own set of floral design tools and materials.
Floral tools and materials may consist of any or all of the following
materials: floral scissors, ribbon shears, stem cutters, wire cutters,
floral pliers, green floral tape, green waterproof tape, clear waterproof
tape, floral wire, and/or floral adhesive (in dot, strip, or liquid
form). Contestants
will not be allowed to bring any material into the competition area that
could be used to enhance the creativity of their design(s) that is not
supplied to all participants; this includes, but is not limited to, floral
ribbon, wired ribbon, decorative wire, bullion wire, and any floral accents.

*Students should also bring their own:

-small hand held broom/dustpan for area cleanup

-5 gallon bucket for keeping flowers

- SENIORS may want to bring an extra vase or bouquet holder stand

CDE Dress

*It is recommended that students either wear official dress or a chapter
shirt. They can take their jackets off while designed if needed.

Photo Opportunities

*Advisors/Teachers and/or parents will *not *be allowed in the contest
area.  Photo opportunities will be made available after the competition
once judges have reviewed and scored the designs.

Attachments

*I have attached the revised Jr and Sr Rules.  Please review
this information prior to practicing with your student.

STUDY OPTIONS

Click on the following link for powerpoints -
http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=247

Click on this link for past scenarios and tests -
http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=75

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road