Good afternoon! Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware that you can now register your students for the upcoming Floral Design CDE. Registration will close on Tuesday September 10th at 12:00 pm (noon). This is necessary for so I can get accurate numbers for the floral product as well as t-shirts. I will send out the T-Shirt design as soon as I get it back from our t-shirt company (but just go ahead and plan on ordering one anyway!).

Sign In: 4 PM
Contest Starts:  4:30 PM - Please make sure your students arrive on time as this is a timed event.

Senior Students:  Create 1 Design, 25 Flower/ Hard Good ID, and 25 question Test
Junior Students:  Create 1 Design,  25 Flower/ Hard Good ID

Location

*Area 1 FFA Floral Design CDE, September 24th @ Cass High School Cafeteria

*Area 2  FFA Floral Design CDE, September 26th @ East Jackson High School Cafeteria

Fee

* There is a $12 cost for materials.
* The designs can/should be taken home by the student at the end of the competition once scoring is complete.

Tools

Rule Clarification for Tools Allowed:

Each contestant will bring to the contest a pencil, clipboard, basic calculator, bucket and their own set of floral design tools and materials. Floral tools and materials may consist of any or all of the following materials: floral scissors, ribbon shears, stem cutters, wire cutters, floral pliers, green floral tape, green waterproof tape, clear waterproof tape, floral wire, and/or floral adhesive (in dot, strip, or liquid form). Contestants will not be allowed to bring any material into the competition area that could be used to enhance the creativity of their design(s) that is not supplied to all participants; this includes, but is not limited to, floral ribbon, wired ribbon, decorative wire, bullion wire, and any floral accents.

*Students should also bring their own:

-small hand held broom/dustpan for area cleanup

-5 gallon bucket for keeping flowers

SENIORS may want to bring an extra vase or bouquet holder stand

CDE Dress

*It is recommended that students either wear official dress or a chapter shirt. They can take their jackets off while designed if needed.

Photo Opportunities

*Advisors/Teachers and/or parents will not be allowed in the contest area.  Photo opportunities will be made available after the competition once judges have reviewed and scored the designs.

Attachments

*I have attached the revised Jr and Sr Rules.  Please review this information prior to practicing with your student.

STUDY OPTIONS

Click on the following link for powerpoints - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=247

Click on this link for past scenarios and tests - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=75

Josh Allen