If you have students competing in Horticulture ID contests Tuesday, October
8th at the Georgia National Fair please read this email carefully.
You MUST have already pre-registered through the fair website to compete in
this event!  See the list of attached entries for both individual and
teams.

There will be 25 plant samples for each of the divisions for your students
to identify.  There will also be 10 tie-breakers.  The tie-breakers can
consist of plant material, equipment, & disorders for juniors and seniors.
Students will have 25 minutes to complete both the ID and tie-breakers.

There are 4 Divisions open for Horticulture ID
Junior Floriculture ID
Junior Nursery Landscape ID
Senior Floriculture ID
Senior Nursery Landscape ID
Each school is allowed 10 students in the nursery landscape events and 10
students in the floriculture events.  There is a complete list of
registered schools attached to this email, sorted by school name.

*Assigned competition times:*

*Students may compete anytime between 9:30AM and 2:00PM*We will not be
assigning competition times this year.  We will start a new rotation every
30 minutes starting at 9:30AM then another at 10:00, then 10:30 etc.  The
first 6 teams in each division to show up will be allowed in the
competition rooms.  We can not allow more than 6 due to space.  *Please
plan to arrive at least 10 mins BEFORE you want to start* so your students
can bubble in their scantrons. If you show up at 9:32 you will not start
until 10:00.

*Location:*
We will be set up inside the Beef/Dairy Arena.  Click here for a Map of
Fairgrounds if needed.  <https://www.gnfa.com/p/about/map>

*What to bring: *
Your students will need a clipboard and #2 pencils - I will have some
clipboards available but not enough for everyone

*Substituting Students:*
The fair does not allow students to be substituted the day of the contest.
If you allow a student to compete the day of the contest that was not
registered in the fair's computer system please understand you forfeit all
rights to any prize money that student may earn.

*Entering the Fair: *
*The fair workers at all gates will have a list of all students that are
entered into the competition. Anyone that is entered as a competitor will
gain free entry into the fair on Tuesday.*

*Contest Rules: *
Contest rules can be found on the Georgia National Fair website -
https://d38trduahtodj3.cloudfront.net/files.ashx?t=fg&rid=GeorgiaNationalFair&f=2018_FFA(1).pdf
-
pages 28 and 29.

Results:
Results will be given that day.  Approximate time is 3:00pm. The top two
teams in each event and the top 10 students in each event will be
recognized.  Results will also be emailed out the following day.

If you have any questions, please call or e-mail me.

Thank you for all you do! See you at the fair!

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education