---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kimberly Koogler
Greetings, October Farm to School Month Partners!

Oh my squash, we have almost 800 people signed up to participate in Oh My Squash, so far!  Thank you so much for your promotional efforts thus far--they have paid off! Since October is fast approaching, I think one more robust push for people to sign up would be great.

Reminder---We are encouraging participants (and partners!) to use #ohmysquash to share their activities and photos on social media. Each week during October, anyone who uses this hashtag will be entered to win a gift card and at the end of the month, we will have a grand prize winner of a two day education pass to the Georgia Organics Conference on Feb. 7-8, 2020 in Athens (a $425 value!).

Please see below for some slightly updated sample language to use in your social media to help promote Oh My Squash. The Oh My Squash logo is also attached.

Thank you for your continued support and let me know if you have any questions!

Facebook/Short Newsletter

Are you ready to join us in Oh My Squash!? The sign up for this year's October Farm to School Month campaign is still open! Sign up today to receive access to our online toolkit filled with squash-themed easy activities, standards-based lessons, recipes, and more. To find out more and sign up, visit https://georgiaorganics.org/for-schools/octoberfarmtoschoolmonth

#ohmysquash #farmtoschool @GeorgiaOrganics

Twitter

Join us in celebrating #F2SMonth with #ohmysquash. Free resources & fun ideas for Oct #F2SMonth. Sign-up https://tinyurl.com/y9zzo8yh

Longer Newsletter/Email

October is Farm to School Month is almost here, and schools and early care centers across Georgia are celebrating all things squash! Oh My Squash! is a state-wide celebration to get kids eating, growing and participating in squash-themed activities. To participate in Oh My Squash at your school, early care center, or in your community, visit https://georgiaorganics.org/for-schools/octoberfarmtoschoolmonth and sign up. Participants will receive free electronic resources to help you plan and implement your activities.  Resources include standards-based lesson plans, quick activities, recipes, videos, school garden planting and harvesting information, and more!

Share your Oh My Squash pictures and activities on social media with #ohmysquash. Each week during October, anyone who uses this hashtag will be entered to win a gift card, and at the end of the month, we will have a grand prize winner of a two-day education pass to the Georgia Organics Conference on Feb. 7-8, 2020 in Athens (a $425 value)! Questions? Visit https://georgiaorganics.org/for-schools/octoberfarmtoschoolmonth or email kimberlykoogler@georgiaorganics.org.

Kimberly Koogler

Farm to School Coordinator

Georgia Organics

(404) 481-5019

200-A Ottley Dr.,

Atlanta, GA 30324

DONATE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | VIMEO | INSTAGRAM | LINKEDIN | georgiaorganics.org

logo

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp